Friday, August 7, 2009

Funny Side Up - Just Joking!

I once told a joke aloud. Less than two people reacted to that and the reaction was a mild tilt of the upper lip and a polite nod. Born to a family of jokers (I mean, people with a good sense of humour) I was deeply offended. It shook my roots, which were in the funny pond. My great grandfather was a great story teller. I have heard stories about him, and I strongly believe thats what they are – “stories”. I hear that even today, in his village, when they think about his jokes, they laugh so loud that the others mistake it for another-loud-thing-thats-not-done-generally-by-most-sane-people. My father cracks me up with his funny questions (One common one being, “what do you intend to do the rest of your life? Watch television?”) My mother is even funnier. She says to him, “Of course not!” But I stand out. I said “I will work, of course” (Now, if that isn't a scream!) I always thought my brother was the funniest, he added, “Do as I did. Work hard”. Now, if that isnt our mantra!

No comments:

Post a Comment