Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wine, Dine and Dance: Oye Amritsar!

Right in the heart of the eateries and pubs (Church Street), rests a piece of rural Punjab (I assume the “rural” part). Its on the roof top. But since I went there in broad day light, it seemed just like “rural punjab” to me. The story begins with Lassi. Drink as much as you want, if you can. But if you are a Jal Jeera fan, like me, drink in. Then the story takes its Punjabi note, serves really hot puris and other “authentic” eats. One thing is that in broad day-light, you cannot a-la-carte. You have to eat on the buffet and let me tell you, its not bad at all. In fact, its exactly what I recommend. The starters were things I liked the most. There is lots more on the menu – I'd ask you to pig out. The ambiance is very “typical” with one-liners that are “world famous in Amritsar”. The music is Bollywood and in that good. Its fun to eat while humming “Dard-e-Disco”. Totally Thumbs Up stuff, this.

No comments:

Post a Comment