Friday, May 22, 2009

Funny Side Up - Beatle-ing it out

If you ever thought that you could stay without the popularity of the Beatles hitting you, you thought wrong. There comes a time in everyone's life where one has to acknowledge the Beatles and their songs. You cannot escape “hello goodbye” or “Let it Be”. Someone will sing you “and your bird can sing”. Though Great Britain is on the other side of the ocean, the sound carries.
I was sitting at the park when someone said “hello” (out of sheer courteousness, obviously) and the back ground score was “I am the Walrus”. He was, indeed. The potent easiness of the songs makes it so easy to hum. I never did realize that I was humming the “Good day Sunshine” on a rainy day. In my defense, John (Lennon) recommends it. When I lost out on winning the “Working Brain Award” (narrowly, of course) and an elderly graying woman won it, I had to sing “And your bird can sing”. Obviously, it was the wrong song to have chosen. The back ground music playing was that of “And my guitar gently weeps”.
When asked to describe myself on a social networking site, I choose to sing “Eleanor Rigby”. When walking down the aisle, I would recommend “When I'm 64”. Obviously, if you've listened to “Kabhi kabhi aditi” in the movie not titled that (surprising, for a Hindi flick) where a cat died and the guy gushes out the song, the Beatles would have played the “Let it Be”. I could hear it (“Oh don't you?”)
Asked for my address, I yelled “We all live in a Yellow submarine” On a rainy day, when the world seemed blue, I could hear “Isnt it a pity”. Of course, that's right what you read in the papers, under the “Believe it or Not”. In my funeral, I sang “Live and Let Die”.

No comments:

Post a Comment